Thursday, June 2, 2011

Take a Picture - Day 149 - book art

Today I confirmed my art reception for my yellow exhibit.  It will be on Saturday June 25 b/w 2-4pm at the Upper Saddle River Library.  Went to the website and saw that they put my photo and infomation on their front page.  Check it out here

http://www.uppersaddleriverlibrary.org/


Then I took a cue from Jack's blog and posted my own event on northjersey.com check out the link here

http://calendar.northjersey.com/upper-saddle-river-nj/events/show/190247105-photo-exhibit-for-denise-keegan-photography#


Today's photo is giving a little design advice (I do have my degree in interior design as you know) as to making your books on your shelf a work of art onto itself and not just just sitting there on your shelf any old way.   As you can see in the top shelf I lined the books from tallest to shortest and put a mini display of my little miss & mr. books since they are art work themselves.  the middle shelf I put the books in rainbow color order.  While on the bottom shelf made neat piles of my weird nj magazine and piled my bigger books from smallest to largest. 



So try it for yourself and see the difference!!

1 comment:

  1. Books...you've got me there. :)

    I also have a collection of Mr. Men and Little Miss books! From the looks of your photo, you've got different ones than I do. The only casualty was my copy of Mr. Uppity, which fell apart and accidentally got thrown out. But I still have all the rest. My favorites were Mr. Tickle and Mr. Skinny.

    ReplyDelete