Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Take a Picture - Day 203 (7-26-11) - STP

Last night I went to my first STP (Stone Temple Pilots) with my friend Lori at the Stone Pony in Asbury park.  I've been to a concert at the Stone Pony before 10 yrs ago indoors.  This time the concert was outdoors for their summer concert series.  

When we get to the gate to get in (with minutes to spare before the concert was going to start) they do a bag check as usual and saw my camera and the lady said I had to take it back to my car because of the size and it looked professional and wasn't a point and shoot and checked with another guy who said that same thing and I told the guy my camera was not professional.  I told him it wasn't (its not even a SLR it's a point and shoot).  So i thought I could just keep it in my bag and not use it, but then the bag check lady was like no you have to to bring it back now. 

So we had to walk back to the car which was a couple of blocks away.   It was annoying that they get all uptight about that when some people bring other stuff that is not so legal and you can smell in the air if you know what I mean!  At least by the time we walked back they had just begun their first song!

Overall the concert was good, but I was a bit disappointed that they didn't play a popular song of theirs which is my favorite, Interstate Love Song.   Also the concert ended earlier than i thought it would, but maybe since they are older they can't play as long lol lol

Here are some pictures I took with my phone camera:




1 comment:

  1. That sucks about your camera, but your phone did a pretty good job as a backup! I've never been to an STP concert before but I know I've heard some of their songs. Glad you had a pretty good time!

    ReplyDelete