Sunday, December 9, 2012

Christmas Pic Challenge - Day 8 - NYC

Yesterday I went to New York City to see the Christmas show at Radio City Music Hall with the Rockettes for the first time.   This year is their 85th anniversary!  Here a few highlights of the city (which is a great place to visit during Christmas time)  flash photography wasn't allowed during the show so I don't have any of that!



These giant ornaments were right across from Radio City
The Tree at Rockefeller Center





The flags waving


This was a display made up of Swarovski Crystals


The tree from far away




Radio City


The Chandelier inside of Radio City




 This mural was atop of the stairs, it reminds me of Moses for some reason.  Also love the art deco chandelier
 
 

There was even dueling organs before the show started

Waiting for the show to begin, I was in row T
 

2 comments:

  1. I love how those large red balls have been up now for several years; they're really pretty! The flags outside Rockfeller Plaza are the same, too, but the colors change every year. Are they green this year? I couldn't tell. One year they were silver and gold when I went, and one year they were red, green and gold I think. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The flags were silver & gold. I guess they had some irridescene to them as well to make them appear green or maybe it was my flash that caused them to be green as well.

      Delete